There is a non-refundable registration fee of $35.00 per student or $55.00 per family due upon registration.
- The annual rate for our Primary and Non-Competitive Programs includes 36 instructional classes and your costume for recital performances. All annual rates have GST already included.
- The annual rate is payable in 3 installments; September 1, December 1 and March 1.
- A credit card must be provided at the time of registration for the purpose of processing your payments on each installation due date.
- Our installment payment system is for convenience only and has no direct relationship to the number of classes in a month.
- Make-up classes will only be offered if the class was cancelled by Dance Discovery Inc.; they are not available due to holidays taken by a student, injury, illness, etc.
- All fees are non-refundable once processed.
- Monthly installments are only an option for students who dance more than 4 hours per week.
- Costume fees for our Primary and Non-Competitive programs are included in your annual rate (as mentioned above).
- Costume fees for Pre-Competitive and Competitive programs will be processed on your provided credit card on October 15th.
- All costume fees are non-refundable.
- Costume fees cover the cost of the costume, shipping/handling charges, and any customs/duty charges.
- All costumes are ordered using the measurements of each student and based on the recommended size provided by the costume company. Students receive a final fitting from our costume experts at Dance Discovery and all necessary alterations are provided prior to costumes being distributed.
- All competition fees will be invoiced and payable by e-transfer by November 15th.
- Competition fees can be paid in installments, with the following installment dates: Oct. 15, Nov. 1, and Nov. 15.
- Competition fees are based on the cost of the previous year and are subject to change.
- All competition fees are non-refundable.
- Dance Discovery Inc. acts as an agent in collecting competition fees and remitting payment to the third party to which the fees are payable.
There will be a $30.00 service charge for any credit card payment that cannot be processed. Clients will be notified via email within 14 days of the declined payment.
THIRD PARTY FEES
All fees, including competition fees, that are collected by Dance Discovery Inc. on behalf of participants, and remitted to a third party are collected by Dance Discovery Inc. acting in its capacity as agent. The terms and conditions set by the third party apply to the extent that they relate to the collection, use and refund of fees. In the case of a refund from a third party for any reason, Dance Discovery Inc. will, in its capacity as agent, forward the fees received back to the individuals they were collected from and remitted on behalf of. Dance Discovery Inc. shall determine, in its sole discretion, the method by which any fees shall be disbursed back to the individuals. Dance Discovery Inc. shall have no liability to participants to refund fees back to participants after the fees have been collected and remitted to third parties in accordance with the stated purpose for collection of the fees.
If you wish to discontinue lessons at any time throughout the year, formal notice to the office will be required (by phone call, email, or in person). In order to stop payment of future lesson fee installments, notice to the office must be received at least two weeks before the next payment date. If notice is not received prior to the two-week deadline, the next payment will be processed. Lack of attendance is not considered formal notice of cancellation.
Once formal notice of cancellation has been received, the student has the option of finishing the term in which they have paid. Registration, lesson, costume, and competition fees will not be refunded once they are processed.
In the event Dance Discovery Inc. is mandated to close the facility, all dance classes will transition to a virtual platform. Your classes will run virtually with following the same class schedule until it is mandated as safe to re-open the facility and resume in person instruction. Competitive Program classes may see an adjustment to their schedule and a reduction in hours; fees may be adjusted accordingly. This will remain at the sole discretion of Dance Discovery Inc.
STUDIO AND LOBBY ETIQUETTE
We want everyone’s experience at Dance Discovery to be a positive one; therefore, we aim to achieve a positive and friendly atmosphere within the studio at all times.
Patron Expectations at Dance Discovery:
- If throughout the season you have a question or concern, we are more than happy to help so long as the question or concern is raised in an appropriate manner.
- Parents are encouraged to stay informed regarding studio information using one of the platforms provided: watch week, website, bulletin board, social media or our reception staff
- In order to keep the environment positive, negative comments, conversation, or behavior in the lobby will not be tolerated.
- Tap shoes are not permitted to be worn in the lobby at any time in order to prevent injury and property damage.
- All outdoor shoes are to be removed at the front door.
- Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle to class. No food, pop or juice is permitted in the studio.
Drop Off/Pick Up Protocol:
Due to the anticipated recovery of the COVID-19 pandemic, we will require the following:
- Students from 3 to 5 years of age may be escorted into the facility with ONLY ONE parent/guardian.
- Students 6 years and up, must enter the facility independently.
- Siblings are not permitted to accompany the parent/guardian/dancer into the facility at any time.
- The lobby will remain closed for all parents with the exception of those parents with a dancer in the Baby Ballet and Tiny Tot program. Dancers in this program, may have ONE parent/guardian wait in the lobby. The lobby will be marked as to where you can sit to ensure we adhere to the distancing guidelines.
- Further direction on drop off and pick up protocol are subject to change based on Alberta Health Service operating guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic
WATCH WEEK FOR PRIMARY AND NON-COMPETITIVE PROGRAMS
Watch week is designed for you to watch a portion of your child’s class as well as to communicate all important information regarding studio events. Watch week is scheduled for the last 15 minutes of your child’s first class during the month of September, December, March and June ONLY. Attendance is strongly encouraged in order to stay informed of any upcoming studio events. Any items of importance discussed during our watch week will be posted on our website; please use this resources to assist you in staying informed. Watch week procedures will be adapted throughout the season as we work to slowly rebuild policies and increase capacity restrictions from the COVID-19 pandemic.
WATCH WEEK FOR COMPETITIVE PROGRAMS
There will be no watch weeks held for students in the competitive program. All communication will be done via email. If meetings are necessary, parents will be notified via email of the scheduled meeting. More information regarding this policy will be supplied in your competitive handbook, which will be received via email the first week of classes.
Viewing windows shall remain closed for classes with children under the age of 11. They may be opened for classes where all children are the age of 11 or older at the teacher’s discretion. We want every student to benefit from the class they are enrolled in therefore, we appreciate your understanding and cooperation regarding our viewing window policy.
DRESSING ROOM PROCEDURES
Dressing rooms are by assignment only. If you are not assigned a dressing room, you may use the washrooms for your changing needs and the cubbies in the hallway to store your belongings at your own risk. Dance Discovery Inc. is not responsible for any items on its premises that are lost, stolen, or damaged. We encourage all students to leave any valuables at home.
LOST AND FOUND
After every Watch Week, the Lost and Found will be cleaned out and any articles that remain will be given to Goodwill.
RECITAL COSTS AND ETIQUETTE
Recitals are an additional event organized by the studio to give students an opportunity to showcase what they have worked so hard to achieve.
- Recitals are held at the Myer Horowitz Theatre
- Tickets cost $20.00 to $25.00 each
- Tickets are purchased at Dance Discovery reception and are non-refundable once purchased
- Any person watching the show over the age of 2 requires a ticket
- Children under 2 years of age will receive a complimentary “babes in arm” ticket
- Tickets must be presented at the door
- Admission will not be given to any person without a ticket or any person who has lost or misplaced their ticket
- FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY IS NOT PERMITTED DURING ANY RECITAL.
COMPETITION COSTS AND ETIQUETTE
When attending competitions, we want to ensure all comments regarding performers and the studio they represent are positive. When performers and their families overhear negative comments or unkind remarks, it can be devastating. When attending competitions, all students and parents are required to represent themselves, as well as the studio, in a positive and professional manner. Photography and videotaping is not permitted at any competition.
Aside from the competition fees paid in November, some competitions also have an admission fee for any patrons attending the competition. This fee is set forth by the company hosting the competition and has no involvement with Dance Discovery. This is a cost that is paid at the door and could range from $4.00 to $8.00 per person per day.
COMPETITIVE PROGRAM ENROLLMENT
It is of most importance for Dance Discovery to ensure students are placed in programs that allow them to be successful based on their current physical and emotional readiness. Enrollment into the competitive program is based on recommendation only. Students must be assessed by the director before permanently being placed in any class. Classes are evaluated at the end of each season and are structured the following season as the director sees fit.
EXPECTATIONS FOR COMPETITIVE STUDENTS
Students in a competitive program have a set of expectations and policies in addition to what is listed above. These policies are disclosed in a “Competitive Handbook” that is distributed via email at the beginning of each dance season.
SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Given the fluidity of the COVID-19 pandemic, Dance Discovery Inc. reserves the right to adjust any policies listed above in order to comply with any imposed government recommendations and guidelines. This could include, but not limited to, recitals, watch week, dressing rooms, studio and lobby procedures and drop off/pick up protocol of dancers.
ALL POLICIES ARE SET IN PLACE TO PROVIDE THE BEST EXPERIENCE FOR ALL OF OUR STUDENTS AND FAMILIES. IF, AT ANY TIME THROUGHOUT THE SEASON, MISTREATMENT IS DEMONSTRATED TOWARDS THESE POLICIES, STAFF, STUDENTS OR PARENTS OF DANCE DISCOVERY, IT MAY RESULT IN PERMANENT DISMISSAL.